- Monitors legislation each session for items that may impact members and their businesses/communities.
- Works with IABO lobbyist (if hired) to formulate and present IABO opinion to appropriate legislators.
- Contacts legislators as needed to discuss legislation.
- Attends and possibly testifies at legislative hearings infrequently.
- Passes legislative updates along to the membership as needed both through email and at meetings.
- 1-2 hours per week during the legislative session with occasional need to attend half or full day meetings.
- Organizes chapter education events including class selection, procuring locations, organizing catering/food options, scheduling ICC and other instructors, procuring training books and class material (mainly from ICC).
- Typically events are two days and are held 2 – 3 times per year in central Iowa and 0-1 times per year in Eastern Iowa.
- 1-8 hours per week for 8 weeks leading up to event and typically attends each event.
Code Development Committee:
- Prepares and submits code change proposals on behalf of IABO.
- Reviews and reports to the members on code change proposals submitted by others.
- Presents information on code changes to the members and gains consensus of the group.
- Attends code hearings and testifies on behalf of IABO.
- Central point of contact for gaining consensus of code interpretations between IABO members (when possible)
- 1-2 hours per week each week with additional time before code change hearings as needed.
- Researches and schedules presenters and topics for each IABO meeting.
- May assist Education Committee with selection of topics and trainers for Education events.
- 2 hours per month.
- Reviews requests for endorsement from candidates seeking positions for the ICC Board of Directors positions.
- Chair is the 1st Vice President per IABO endorsement policy.
- Minimum of 3 members needed for this committee per endorsement policy.
- To design and implement public outreach and incentive programs to maintain existing and encourage new memberships.
- Completes annual audit of IABO bank account, income, and purchases with a report to the membership in January of each year for the previous year’s activity.
- 8-12 hours per year.
- Receives and reviews scholarship applications and renewals annually.
- Recommends (or selects?) scholarship winners each year.
- Reviews and recommends changes to the scholarship program for a vote by the membership.
- Will review possibility of ICC foundation administering scholarship program for the IABO Chapter.
- Recommends nominees for the IABO Board of Directors.
- Meet starting in July for announcement of recommended nominees. Nominees announced in September and voting is done at the November meeting.
- 4-6 hours per week for 4 weeks each July/August.